I believe that as you start your life together as a married couple, your wedding ceremony should be a reflection of your values, of who you are as individuals and as a couple. Your ceremony shouldn’t be constrained by rules and restrictions imposed by others. It is my job as a wedding officiant to facilitate a ceremony that is truly your own, representative of who you are. We will work through the details together, creating the ceremony you want, unique to you, reflecting your commitment to one another. And you will have access to the full text of your ceremony for your review and approval in advance of your wedding day. This is your day, your ceremony – I want it to be just that.
I am legally authorized, by the Deputy Registrar General, Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, pursuant to the Marriage Act, to solemnize marriage in the Province of Ontario. In addition to working closely with you, writing and officiating your ceremony, my service includes signing your marriage license and registering your marriage with the Ontario government.
- Basic legal ceremony $250
- My basic ceremony is short and simple and covers all the legal components, while still being very eloquent. I write the ceremony with no inputs from the couple. Most often the basic ceremony is a good fit for the last minute backyard or living room wedding; you’ve been thinking about getting married for years and just want to get it done. Similarly, if you are jet setting off to a destination wedding and want to be sure you are 100% legally married in Ontario, the basic ceremony is for you.
- Depending on availability/timing I may not be able to prioritize a basic ceremony outside of CK.
- Personalized ceremony $450
- My personalized ceremony is what most folks are familiar with when they think about a wedding; venue, aisle, music, bridal party, a number of guests. I write a personalized ceremony with you, telling as much or as a little of your story as you want to share. Together we create a ceremony that is reflective of you as individuals and as a couple. We can incorporate poems, readings, music, special rituals – whatever you are envisioning for your ceremony, and we check all the legal boxes as well. This ceremony is unique to you.
- Attendance at rehearsal $100